Courses 2019 · IN
- Black Spatial Humanities
- Collections as Data
- Digital Humanities + Latinx Studies: Doing Work that Matters
- Getting Started with Data, Tools, and Platforms
- Help! I’m a Humanist! — Humanities Programming with Python
- Image Analysis with Deep Learning
- Introduction to the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) for Black Digital Humanities
- Text Analysis with Machine Learning and NLP
Image Analysis with Deep Learning will examine methods for image analysis at scale. Tasks covered include color analysis, object detection, facial recognition, image similarity, and image clustering. The course will work a variety of visual culture including art, photography, and moving images to ask:
- How can we identify similar works of art using image analysis?
- How can we identify objects in 100,000 photographs?
- How can we track character’s movements in a sit-com?
- How has color in film changed over time?
While the course will introduce several out-of-the-box tools, the main focus will be on deep learning techniques with Python. No prior programming experience is required.
2115G University Library