Courses 2016 · IN
- Analyzing and Presenting Spatial Data
- Building and Sustaining a Digital Humanities Center
- Database Design for Visualization and Analysis
- Digital Pedagogy and Networked Learning
- Embodied Computing
- Exploring Humanities Textual Data with R
- Getting Started with Data, Tools, and Platforms
- High Performance Sound Technologies for Access and Scholarship
- Humanities Programming
- Text Analysis from Object to Interpretation
- Working with Scalar
This 4-day workshop is intended for scholars, students and others who wish to compose a project or publication in Scalar and seek comprehensive training in the platform and in-depth support with editorial, technical and design decisions. The workshop will include basic, intermediate and advanced training sessions in Scalar, discussions of readings on multimodal scholarship, and both collaborative whiteboarding sessions and one-on-one design meetings devoted to each project. The aim of the workshop is to help participants think through the conceptual, structural and technical aspects of their projects as well as the project’s relation to the emergent field of digital media and scholarship overall.
Scalar is a free, open source authoring and publishing platform designed for scholars writing media-rich, born-digital scholarship. Developed by The Alliance for Networking Visual Culture, Scalar allows scholars to assemble media from multiple sources and juxtapose that media with their own writing in a variety of ways and to structure essay- and book-length works in ways that take advantage of the unique capabilities of digital writing, including nested, recursive, and non-linear formats.
Engineering & Technology Room 304